Editor Note: This is SOLID.
Doug's Note: So STRONG! Sabrina knows how to communicate God's Word to teenagers. This series has everything you need. I get a "temporary high" every time she submits something for youth workers to learn from... really good!
"Temporary High" is a trippy 4-week teaching series studying the book of Proverbs and how the propensity each of us has for different “highs” is God-given. However, when we take these “highs” outside of God’s design, they can destroy us. The purpose of holiness is not to "not do bad things." The purpose of purity is to please God. We must recognize it is for our flourishing. The gospel is central in this series. It will hopefully create a safe place for students to explore these difficult subjects together in the context of discipling small-group relationships and family partnership.
Week 1: Pornography
Scriptures: Proverbs 3:11-2, 7:6-27, 28:13, 5:8, 2:18-20, Romans 2:4, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Family Handout: “Family Purity Talks”
Week 2: Your Brain on Screens
Scriptures: Proverbs 26:11-12, 24:13, 25:27
Family Handout: “My Detox Plan”
Week 3: Drugs, Alcohol, & Vaping
Scriptures: Proverbs 23:29-35, 20:1, 30:4-5, 10:28, 29:18, Romans 3:23
Family Handout: “Family Temptation Talks”
Week 4: Love That Doesn’t Last
Scriptures: Proverbs 5:15-23, 31:10-31, 4:25-27
Family Handout: “God’s Mission, My Legacy”
To preview a sample of this content, click here!
This Resource Includes:
- Series overview document with links to training, additional resources, and parent email (Word file)
- Complete message manuscript for each week (Word files)
- PowerPoint presentation for each week
- Small group guide for each week (Word files)
- Parent handout for each week (Word files)
- Graphics Pack by Isaac Leimeister with title and content slides, and images for social media (jpeg files)