PARENT RESOURCE: Using the Right Parenting Voice
There are many different types of verbal techniques that we can use while parenting our children. How we use our voice matters depending on the situation at hand. We can be intentional and strategic with our voice, but using it is a skill we must practice. In his book, Positive Peer Culture, Harry Vorrath argues that we use three basic voices as parents: a Demander, a Stimulator and a Soother.
For more parenting resources like this, check out empoweredhomes.org.
How to use:
1. Attach to your next parent newsletter
2. Print and have available at your next parent meeting
3. Create a resource hub in your space for grab and go parent resources
4. Create a monthly “parent equipping” (separate from newsletter) video explaining how to use the tool.
5. Give to students to bring home to parents.
This Resource Includes:
- PDF Worksheet (2 pgs)