In this one-off message, you will ask your students to consider the question, how good is good enough?
In our world today, almost everyone and everything is measured to a certain standard. The best athletes make it onto the best teams, the smartest kids make it into the best schools and the best-looking people often get the best opportunities.
In light of this, it’s fair to ask this question about God: How good is good enough for God? In Mark 10, a rich young ruler approached Jesus and asked this same question of God so he would know how he could get eternal life. How Jesus answered might sound surprising to us but His point is that none of us can be good enough for God. God wants our hearts. We can’t be good enough, moral enough, or religious enough to reach God on our own because His standard is perfection.
While none of us can meet this standard on our own, the good news of the gospel is that Jesus meets the standard for all of us!
To preview a sample of the message, click here!
This Resource Includes:
- Complete message manuscript (Word file)
- Small group guide (Word file)
- Message handout
- 1-minute video to use as a sermon bumper or for social media (mp4 file)
- Reflective question video (mov file)
- Title and background slides (jpeg files)
- Social media graphics (Story and Square) (jpeg files)