Doug's note: Tremendous resource! So much here! Wow!
Editor's Note: My most enthusiastic recommendation. There's so much here to help leaders connect with students in small groups, and it's organized very well with a lot of thought and thorough instructions. This is the kind of thing that makes a youth pastor look like a champion when they give it to their leaders.
Providing intentionality for small groups can be a challenge. In this resource, you will find five activities that are proven to add depth to your small group.
• Balloon Stomp: A game with depth. This game provides competition as well as questions to get conversation flowing within your group.
• In a Jar: Take your students on a month-long journey to thinking beyond themselves. There are three options, or you can create your own.
• Mask: We all hide behind a mask at some point in our daily lives. Help students identify what those masks are and how we can go about removing them.
• Student to Leader Journal: Provide your students with an opportunity to privately share with you what is going on in their life.
• Trust: It can be a concept that is hard to live out. Teach students to identify what they can trust God with and what they cannot. It will also teach them how to take the step toward trusting God with areas of distrust.
You'll also find:
• A shopping list: A compiled list of all of the materials you will need to accomplish all five of these activities.
• Leader Intros: Sample text messages and emails to send to your leaders with each activity.
This Resource Includes:
- How to use this resource document (Word file)
- Shopping list (Word file)
- Complete leader's guide and all files needed for each activity (Word, jpeg, pdf files)