The Old Testament book of Judges, the time in between Joshua and the Kings, was a lawless time. It was Israel's Wild West. This three-week series looks at three significant Judges from this dark time in Israel's history. Using the American Wild West as a launching point, with comparisons made to the Lone Ranger, Annie Oakley, and Billy the Kid, students will have a fun time diving into Israel's ancient history, while also finding lessons they can apply to their lives today.
Week One: The Lone Ranger is Ehud's story; a lesson in taking action, God's faithfulness, and God's ability to use imperfect people for His glory.
Week Two: The Little Sure Shot is the story of Deborah and Jael; a lesson in having confidence and courage in God.
Week Three: Big & Little Casino is Samson's story; a warning against apathy and selfishness, as well as a reminder of God's faithfulness.
Each week also includes a recommendation for a Western-themed game that can be found on DYM!
To preview a sample of the content, click here.
This Resource Includes:
- Complete message manuscript for each week (Word files)
- Student Handouts (blank and filled in versions) for each week (Word files)
- Small group guide for each week (Word file)
- Presentation files for each week (PowerPoint and Sidekick files)
- Graphics for Social, Stories, and presentations (jpeg files)