Parent Ministry: 5 Initiations Your Kids Need from You
When we hear the word “initiation,” we might think of college fraternities, the military, and difficult physical challenges, but most simply, the act of initiation is to invite someone into a new way of living that will affect his or her future. Parents can actively create moments of initiation that will lead their children towards healthy growth and development.
The Parent One Page is designed to be a quick grab-and-go resource for your next newsletter or parent meeting. Parents don’t need to be given more stuff to do, they need to be encouraged to continue doing what they are already doing. The goal in these simple one-page documents is to establish a continued partnership with them in the discipleship of their kids.
For more parenting resources like this, check out empoweredhomes.org.
How to use:
1. Attach the one page to your next parent newsletter
2. Print and have available at your next parent meeting
3. Create a resource hub in your space for grab and go parent resources
4. Create a monthly “parent equipping” (separate from newsletter) video explaining how to use the one page.
5. Give to students to bring home to parents
This Resource Includes:
- PDF Worksheet (2 pgs)