Parent Ministry: 4 Types of Adults Who Can Positively Shape Your Kids
As parents, we have a responsibility to provide oversight for our kids regarding who they hang out with and when they hang out. We schedule preschool playdates and park meet-ups so our kids can hang with their friends, but how often do we consider which adults we want our kids to be around? As you think of being intentional about other adults in your kids’ lives, consider four types of adults who can influence your kids in a positive way.
The Parent One Page is designed to be a quick grab-and-go resource for your next newsletter or parent meeting. Parents don’t need to be given more stuff to do, they need to be encouraged to continue doing what they are already doing. The goal in these simple one-page documents is to establish a continued partnership with them in the discipleship of their kids.
For more parenting resources like this, check out empoweredhomes.org.
How to use:
1. Attach the one page to your next parent newsletter
2. Print and have available at your next parent meeting
3. Create a resource hub in your space for grab and go parent resources
4. Create a monthly “parent equipping” (separate from newsletter) video explaining how to use the one page.
5. Give to students to bring home to parents
This Resource Includes:
- PDF Worksheet (2 pgs)