Update: This resource has been updated with a mobile edition that works well for this season of online youth ministry!
Let the debate begin as students pick one of two items to be erased from existence forever.
Here's how it works: each round, two items will show on the screen. Students get to discuss, debate and decide which item will continue to exist and which will go away forever, never to return again. It starts with classic debates (cats or dogs, donuts or ice cream) but gets a little odder with each round (cell phones or deodorant).
There are several ways you can play this game:
• Pull up two students each round and have them face off debate style. Let the crowd vote on the winner.
• Do a poll with each round. Majority wins and moves on to the next round.
• Divide into teams. Have teams decide together on a choice. Most team votes wins the round and those teams get a point. Most points after 10 rounds win.
• Just throw up the slides and let the students discuss/debate. No winners, just great interaction.
This Resource Includes:
• Complete editable PowerPoint game file
• Individual (10 rounds + instructions) game slides (jpeg files)
• Template slide for customization (photoshop required)
• Title slide (jpeg file)