Let the debate begin as students pick one of two items to be erased from existence forever.
Here's how it works: each round, two items with distinct smells will show on the screen. Students get to discuss, debate, and decide which item will continue to exist and which will go away forever, never to return again. Some rounds have two pleasant smells (keep the one that you like the most), and others have nasty smells (keep the one that is least offensive to your nostrils). Will it be Fresh Popped Popcorn or New Car? Body Odor or Bad Breath?
Ways to Play:
• Pull up two students each round and have them face off debate style. Let the crowd vote on the winner.
• Do a poll with each round. The majority wins and moves on to the next round.
• Divide into teams. Have teams decide together on a choice. Most team votes win the round, and those teams get a point. Most points after 10 rounds win.
• Just throw up the slides and let the students discuss/debate. No winners, just great interaction.
This Resource Includes:
- Complete PowerPoint game file
- Individual (15 rounds + instructions) game slides (jpeg files)
- Title slide (jpeg file)