We all know there are areas in our lives that need to change, yet we often feel so powerless to sustain our resolutions when we go about them in our own strength. Through this three-week series, we want students to dream about the persons they want to become. We want them to look to Jesus as their example and the Holy Spirit as their guide in this amazing transformation that takes place when a person becomes a Christian. The process of sanctification is much like a metamorphosis: slow, supernatural, and awe-inspiring. But once we realize that we need to change, allow our hearts to be teachable, and begin to lift our eyes to God’s glory and the needs of others, we will transform in a miraculous way. Although change can be painful, becoming Christ-like is worth it. This series will inspire and equip students to that end.
Week 1: We Gonna Change
Bottom Line: The first step to changing is realizing you need to change.
Week 2: Transforming Together
Bottom Line: Become teachable.
Week 3: Eyes Up
Bottom Line: Serve somebody.
Primary Bible Passages Used:
2 Corinthians 5:17, Lamentations 3:22-23, Genesis 1:27, Ephesians 2:10, Romans 1:21-2, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:22-24, James 1:2-4, James 5:13-16, Romans 5:6
This Resource Includes:
• Series overview document including social media integration plan, giveaway and response ideas (Word file)
• Complete 2000+ word message manuscript for each week (Word files)
• Small group guide for each week (Word files)
• Two screen games (for week 2 & 3)
• Fun series opener idea
• Comprehensive graphics package (jpeg & png files)
• Parent email template with series discussion guide (Word file)