Students must decide if they would do something ‘IF THEY HAD TO’ due to these isolating times. Would you “eat only mustard sandwiches” or “reuse the same square of TP multiple times”?
This game was designed to be used on an online platform such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc. This game allows students to debate against one another to defend the action that they think suits them best in the time that we’re currently living in.
• Explain to students that this is an all-play game. Everyone has a voice.
• Show a slide with 2 scenarios to choose from. These are based on things they could hypothetically ‘have to do’ as we continue to live in self-isolation.
• Once students have chosen their scenario, pick one student for each scenario listed and give them 30 seconds to defend their choice.
• Then, take a vote with everyone. Whichever scenario gets the LEAST votes, the chosen debater for that scenario must face the consequence for that particular scenario (each scenario has a consequence that follows it in the PPT file).
• Continue through all the scenarios and try to choose different students for each round.
This Resource Includes:
• Gameplay instructions (Word file)
• Complete PowerPoint game file
• Individual (10 rounds + 10 consequences + instructions) game slides (jpeg files)
• Title slide (jpeg file)