Editor's note: Timely and creative! Great design.
Let the debate begin as students weigh in on which person or item is the greatest of all time (GOAT).
Here's how it works: each round, two items will show on the screen. Both items will be at the top of the debate to be the greatest inside their given category Students get to discuss, debate, and decide which is truly the GOAT.
There are several ways you can play this game:
SCREEN VERSION (via Sidekick, PowerPoint or some other presenter program):
• Pull up two students each round and have them face off debate style. Let the crowd vote on the winner.
• Do a poll with each round. The majority wins and moves on to the next round.
• Divide into teams. Have teams decide together on a choice. The team with the most votes wins the round and gets a point.
Most points after 10 rounds win.
• Just throw up the slides and let the students discuss/debate. No winners, just great interaction.
MOBILE "STORY" VERSION:
This version is one you can use on the Story feature of Facebook or Instagram.
• Just for fun! Let the polls roll on your story periodically or all together. Have everyone engage and vote.
•Set up for your next meeting: set up a few of these images as a poll the day before your event. Then use the last slide to promote your next gathering. You can even share (and debate) the results at your event, whether live or online.
• Allow Feedback. If you want to create interaction on your story, follow up the poll with the same slide, but this time select the “Question” feature and write “DEFEND YOUR ANSWER:” in the question box.
This Resource Includes:
• Sidekick 'Presenter' game file
• Complete PowerPoint game file
• Individual (10 rounds + instructions) game slides (jpeg files)
• Mobile version with individual (10 rounds + instructions) game slides formatted for social media Story features (jpeg files)
• Title slide (jpeg file)