Wilbur is going on a trip around the world. He will show you a picture of a famous landmark. You tell what city/country or city/state it’s located. Not the landmark, but the location (but, be ready, some of the landmark names are the actual locations).
There are all kinds of ways to play the game.
1. Show the question slide and the first to shout out the answer gets it.
2. Pull up a few to the front and have them face off.
3. Play it as a table game where small groups face off against each other.
There are 10 rounds of photos. Give the winners their own floppy-disk version of "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?"
The game can be used as a great starting point for a discussion on the places your students hope to go during their lifetimes. Then, lead them into a discussion on what they want to do with their lives. And finally, lead them into understanding the priority of following Christ and “taking Jesus with you,” wherever they go and whatever they do in life.
- Complete Powerpoint game file
- 1 title slide (jpeg file)
- 10 individual Q & A slides (jpeg files)
Derry has many great resources in the DYM store. Find them here.