Inspired by Jimmy Fallon’s 5 Second Summaries, students have 7 Seconds to describe the Bible Story shown on the screen to their team members. This is sure to become an instant classic in your youth ministry!
Here’s how the game works:
- • Bring up four students and split into two teams of two
- • On the first team, one student must describe a famous Bible story that is displayed on the screen while a 7 second countdown clock displays… all this without saying a word in the title of the story or a character’s name from the story
- • The other teammate’s job is to guess the story being referenced.
- • If the team gets it right, they get a point. If they get it wrong, the opposing team gets a point.
- • After the first team has played one question, it’s the second team’s turn (continue this for however long you want!)
- • Pro Tip #1: blindfold the guessing student so they don’t see the screen!
- • Pro Tip #2: Points are free, so instead of giving away one point for a correct answer, give away 1,000. The final score of 5,000 to 3,000 makes the stakes appear so much higher… and more fun to lose with 3,000 points than 3!
Alternative Game Play: Instead of playing in partners, play with teams! Break up the group in to several teams or two larger teams and play a bit more “charades-style” with one person describing the story to his/her team.
Here’s what’s included:
- • Title Slide
- • Video Files (1080p)
- • Rule Sheet
For other great games by Ken, click here