Doug's Note: Super clever series. Great individual content. If you're not using Sabrina's material, you're missing out on thoughtful content that's easy to re-teach.
So many people love zombie TV shows and movies. Using that cultural trend as a loose analogy, this series will take an in-depth look at the book of Ephesians so students can hear and explore an explicit Gospel presentation! We were all dead in our sinful nature before Jesus died for us. We were living a half-life separated from Him. But when Jesus came and died for us and rose again, we were made alive when we believed. Jesus was the cure! Because Jesus has saved us and made us alive, now we live a life “worthy of the calling we have received.” It is a life of freedom, purpose, joy, and hope.
This series is both Bible heavy but winsome and application heavy too. It is a great series for friends to hear the Gospel for the first time!
Week 1: We Were Dead
Scriptures: Ephesians 1:1-2, Ephesians 2:1-3, 11-12, Ephesians 3:1-11
Response Activity: Personal Reflection Questions
Week 2: We Are Alive
Scriptures: Ephesians 2:1-3, 4-6, Ephesians 2: 8-10, 13-18, 19-22, Ephesians 1: 3-14, 15-23, Ephesians 3:12-13
Response Activity: Respond Challenge
Week 3: Now What?
Scriptures: Ephesians 3:14-20, Ephesians 5, Ephesians 6
Response Activity: Write Your Testimony
To preview sample content click here.
This Resource Includes:
- Overview document with programming ideas: lots of games, worship songs, and a grow-on-your-own option
- 3 Teaching scripts (2000+ words)
- 3 Small group guides with series goal, leader prep, application questions, and prayer focus
- 3 Powerpoint presentations
- 3 Fill-in-the-blank note pages for students
- 2 Additional handouts for application
- Parent email and discussion guide
- Solid graphics by Isaac Leimeister (title, blank, 6 Insta story, 1 square)