STRANGER THINGS is a two-week message series based around rediscovering our identity in God, with a thematic tie-in to the Netflix series of the same name.
The series is designed to challenge students to consider how to develop their (perhaps lost) childlike faith into a more mature, growing relationship with Jesus and to consider what it looks like to live with that faith in their day-to-day lives.
Week 1: The Disappearance
It was easier to believe wholeheartedly as a child. But as we grow, the intersection of our faith and our lives evolves too. In the first episode of “Stranger Things”, one of the main characters, a child, disappears. At some point, your childlike faith disappeared too. What happened to it? Is there anything we can do to find it?
WeeK 2: The Upside-Down
As the characters in “Stranger Things” look for the missing boy, they learn that not everything is what it seems. There are lies, deception, and many things that don’t seem to be the way they should. Similarly, we see all of these things in our daily lives. So what does it mean to live as a follower of Christ in a world that is nothing like the way God wants us to live? You'll explore that question in this lesson.
To preview the Overview of this Series, click here!
This Resource Includes:
- Complete message manuscript for each week (Word files)
- Small group guide for each week (Word file)
- PowerPoint presentation for each week
- Graphics package with title, message titles, background image (jpeg & png files)
- Design information to help you create custom videos and logos for your group that will match with the theme