Doug's note: Another solid and through McNutt resource. Love it.
Perhaps one of the most loved books of the Bible, the book of Ruth is a powerful exploration of hesed, the ancient Hebrew word meaning "loving-kindness."
This three-week series dives into the story and in particular its three main characters: Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz. It includes a 21-day journey through the entire book for Instagram Stories to coincide with the series, as well as three bumper videos that can be used in person, online, and on social media.
Week One: Loss (Ruth 1). Through the story of Naomi's devastating loss, students will learn to be honest in their pain, to choose loving-kindness, and to be like Ruth in doing the best thing, not just the good thing.
Week Two: Love (Ruth 2-3). Ruth and Boaz's story is more than just a sappy love story, it is actually a tale of two people both demonstrating powerful loving-kindness. Students will learn that loving-kindness is intentional, patient, and sacrificial.
Week Three: Life (Ruth 4). In the final chapter of Ruth, students will see God restore life in what was once a hopeless situation. Students will be reminded that God is always with them, that God gives life, and God calls each of us to love.
To preview a sample of this content, click here!
This Resource Includes:
- Complete message manuscript for each week (Word files)
- PowerPoint and Sidekick presentation files for each week
- Student handout (both filled in and with blanks) for each week (Word files)
- Small group guide for each week (Word file)
- Graphics package with title, content, and social images (jpeg files)
- 21 Days in Ruth Instagram Story images (jpeg files)
- 3 Bumper videos (mp4 files)