Parent Ministry: Discipline and Your Kids
Whenever we discipline our kids, our overall goal is not to punish or to give consequences, but to teach. The root of discipline is “disciple,” meaning “student.” Punishment might shut down a behavior in the short term, but teaching offers skills that last a lifetime.
The Parent One Page is designed to be a quick grab and go resource for your next newsletter or parent meeting. Parents don’t need to be given more stuff to do, they need to be encouraged to continue doing what they are already doing. The goal in these simple one-page documents is to establish a continued partnership with them in the discipleship of their kids.
For more parenting resources like this, check out empoweredhomes.org.
How to use:
1. Attach the one page to your next parent newsletter
2. Print and have available at your next parent meeting
3. Create a resource hub in your space for grab and go parent resources
4. Create a monthly “parent equipping” (separate from newsletter) video explaining how to use the one page.
5. Give to students to bring home to parents
This Resource Includes:
- PDF Worksheet (2 pgs)