Misquoted is a 4-week sermon series that investigates four popular sayings that are often attributed to the Bible. The only problem is, you won’t find them in there!
The words we speak say a lot about who we are. So it’s frustrating when someone takes our words and twists them, because it leads people to believe things about us that aren’t true. Likewise, when God is misquoted, it causes people to believe God is someone He is not.
This series challenges students to draw near to God, because the closer we are to someone, the more likely we will know their voice.
The misquotes we explore are:
1. “God helps those who help themselves.”
2. “God wants me to be happy.”
3. “God will never give you more than you can handle.”
4. “Bad things don’t happen to good people.”
This resource includes:
- Four comprehensive teaching scripts (2000+ words each)
- Teaching slides/Powerpoint slides
- Facebook cover graphic
- Ready-to-go social media pictures
- 3-minute countdown video
- YouTube videos (links) that tie well into the sermons
- Small Group questions
- 4 Games: Gosling or Gospel. Know it or Throw it, Auto-Correct Showdown, One D or King D