Editor's note: Very well written, challenging, and engaging. It may be written for youth ministry, but a lot of Christian adults would benefit from it, too. I know I was challenged.
A one-off message (includes a full manuscript, as well as a condensed version and resources for online ministry) looking at Luke 10:25-37 and the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
Have you stopped to look at this ancient parable closely? Have you seen just how politically, racially, and religiously-charged it is? Jesus pushed all the buttons with this story, and forces us to ask important questions: what does it mean to be the good neighbor that Jesus calls us to be? How do God's values challenge the world's values? The parable of the good Samaritan challenges us to be more like Christ in ways we might not have considered.
It also includes the Welcome to the Neighbor-TOON Instagram Story game students attempt to correctly identify what show the cartoon neighbors are from.
This Resource Includes:
• Complete message manuscript (Word file)
• Condensed online ministry teaching manuscript with discussion questions (Word file)
• Discussion questions (Word file)
• Handout documents (fill in the blank and filled in) (Word file)
• PowerPoint presentation file
• Sidekick 'Presenter' file (same as PowerPoint)
• Graphics with title, content slides, Instagram image & Story images (jpeg files)
• Instagram Story game (jpeg files)