“Masks We Wear” is an all inclusive, 3-week teaching series that is centered around identity. Each week, your students will look at a different mask that they tend to put on, holding them back from freedom in Christ and living the identity he has placed on them. This series dismantles each mask and replaces it with gospel truth about our identities, using plenty of Scripture.
Mask #1: “I’m Fine” looks at how students hide what is really going in their lives for self-protection. The gospel truth is that we all are “not fine” and need a Savior. Bottom line: “Hiding doesn’t help, but freedom is found in surrender.”
Mask #2: “Chameleon” analyzes how we change things about ourselves depending on the circumstance, location, or people we are with in order to be liked. This message is about how we actually are all hypocrites, and that is why we need the gospel of Jesus. Bottom line: “Pleasing people is pointless; pleasing God gives you power.”
Mask #3: “Labels” dissects the three ways in which labels hinder us from full life in Christ: 1) We let others label us. 2) We label ourselves. 3) We label others. Each of these efforts to find our identities are ultimately dissatisfying. The gospel truth and bottom line is: “Only God gets to say who you are!”
Note: This series also has a "one off" option in which all three masks are in one message. It's perfect for a Halloween message, or if you feel prompted to plug another identity talk into your teaching plan.
This Resource Includes:
• A series overview document
• 4 teaching manuscripts
• 4 teaching outlines
• 3 powerful illustration ideas for response times
• 4 Small Group Guides that include leader tips, ice breakers, and discussion questions
• 4 Powerpoint presentations that include the Scriptures, main points, and graphics.
• 4 Fill-in-the-blanks sheets for students
•A parent discussion guide
• 3 game ideas that actually go with the lessons with graphics
• Plenty of graphics for the screen and for Instagram