The relief you've been waiting for is here!!
Youth workers deserved something extra at the end of 2020! That's why DYM is bringing you our very own stimulus package - youth ministry style! As we gratefully turn the corner to 2021, we want to help you inject new energy and momentum into your ministry.
We've hand-selected the best games, video, social media, and devotional “grow on your own” resources for you and bundled them together in one easy-to-click download to simplify your planning and deliver easy wins.
Here's what's included and why you're going to love it:
- Imposter in Real Life: (Editor's note: YES! 100% This is what makes DYM awesome! Relevant, fun, and easy to play games for Youth Ministry! Graphics are good, well organized, easy to play overall.) This resource includes everything you could need to run a large scale version of the widely popular mobile game Among Us! It can be customized to the exact size of your group and played indoors or out. Hunting and being hunted has never been so fun.
- Nursery Rhyme Rap Battle: (Doug's note: Genius! So good... Fun... A Top 10% quality game on our site.) Nursery Rhymes aren't just for babies anymore. In this screen game students will rap the rhymes they all fell asleep to as babies. Includes videos with one-minute rap beats, slide version for two-player beatbox, as well as printable card version for small/house group use!
- Possibilities Volume 2: In this laugh-out-loud, absurd scenario screen game, one student will pick the answer that they resonate with the most, and the other contestants will try to guess which answer they picked! It's simple, fun, and perfect for in-person or online! Four suggested gameplay options (see those here) including your Instagram!
- Crowd Star: Get everyone in your audience up on their feet and FULLY ENGAGED with this interactive musical video where the crowd is the star! Split your audience into 4 sections and have them stomp, clap, woo or snap as the tokens fall across the screen. With ever-increasing difficulty, CROWD STAR can be played again and again as your students try to master it! REALLY LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE? Have two students go head to head and have the audience judge who did the best job!
ONLINE STUDENT ENGAGEMENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Insta-Escape Mini-Game: Do you want HIGH engagement with your Instagram account and not just a quick scroll? This media mini-game was designed to help you hack the algorithms with your youth group’s social media account so that you can be seen first and more often.
GROW ON YOUR OWN DISCIPLESHIP DEVOTIONAL
- Day & Night 30 Day Devotional in the Psalms: (Doug's Note: Lots of favorites for me here, (1) the author--Sabrina is a great writer who understands teenagers, (2) students learn to grow on their own, (3) this is a reproducible resource--make as many copies as you want, (4) makes you look great with parents. Wins!) This 30-day devotional through the book of Psalms will challenge your students to spend just a few minutes each day and night in God's presence with His Word. It is gospel-centered, actionable, and actually short enough to be doable by students!
This Resource Includes:
- Game: Imposter In Real Life
- Detailed instructions on how to set up tasks, create maps and start gameplay (pdf file)
- Crewmate Task List - With 3 slight variations (pdf and Word for customization)
- Imposter Task List (pdf and Word for customization)
- Task Images in 8.5x11 and 11x17, depending on your preference (png files)
- 4 Status Checks
- 4 Password Numbers
- 5 Animal Round Up
- 1 Electrical Puzzle
- 1 Sign In
- Promotional Images for Instagram post and Stories, Snapchat, and Facebook) ready for you to add all your specific details (jpeg files)
- Game: Nursery Rhyme Rap Battle
- Bumper video (mp4 file)
- 7 one-minute hip hop track videos (mp4 files)
- PowerPoint game file (slides only)
- Individual (7 rounds + instructions) game slides (jpeg files)
- Printable version to use in a house/small group setting where there is no screen available (pdf file)
- Bonus five-minute countdown with music (mp4 file)
- Game: Possibilities Volume 2
- Individual (12 rounds) game slides (jpeg files)
- Game slides for Instagram Stories (jpeg files)
- 10-second bumper video (mp4 file)
- Title slide (jpeg file)
- Video: Crowd Star
- 5-minute video (mp4)
- Online Student Engagement on Social Media: Insta-Escape Room
- Instructions document on how to post and solve the game (Word file)
- Video on why and how using the game hacks the Instagram algorithm (mp4 file)
- Promo video (mp4 file)
- 9 videos/ images ready to be posted on your Instagram Story (mp4 files)
- 1 Instagram post (jpeg file)
- Grow on Your Own Discipleship Devotional: Day & Night 30 Day Devotional in the Psalms
- Complete (editable) devotional (word file)
- Printable full sheet PDF version
- Title, content, square, story, and blank social graphics
- Spotify playlists for day and night